With Thanksgiving next month and after that winter setting in, I was trying to think of some fun autumn things to do that would make this season more enjoyable. Hopefully, it won’t slip by so fast that way! I hope you can use some of these suggestions. Here is what I came up with…
- Try any new recipes now before the holidays come.
- It’s not to late for some last minute fall cleaning! It is so nice to have a clean house to settle into for the winter.
- Make a list of books (new or old favorites) to read that will help you get through the long winter evenings.
- Before Thanksgiving, study the Pilgrims, their way of life and the First Thanksgiving.
- Now would be a good time to start a new handiwork project. (Embroidery, knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc.)
- Pull out the board games and puzzles! They are perfect for this time of year!
- Start making plans for next year’s garden.
- Spend some time thinking about your blessings and all that you have to be thankful for.